Update March 16:
Our office is now closed until further notice. However, our staff continues to work and be available via email, and remains committed to providing programs and services whenever possible. Please note the following updates:
* We have opened a special COVID-19 Emergency Fund for those in need of food and supplies during this time. To make a donation, please click here. Distribution will be overseen by our Community Social Worker, Michalah Hoffman.
*Find everything you need to know about the coronavirus response in our community and links to religious services, online classes, and more at our COVID-19 Resource Page.
* Besides donations, we are also seeking volunteers to either connect with isolated community members by phone or help deliver necessities to them. To sign up as a volunteer, please click here.
* If you or someone you know needs help, please contact Michalah Hoffman or call the Jewish Federation of Howard County at 410-730-4976 x101.
*All March programming, including Guys Night Out, Pop Up Shabbat, and Good Deeds Day are now cancelled. Shabbat Tots will be conducted online on a few select dates.
*The Israel Think Tank and Series III of the Bereavement Support Group are now being conducted online.
*We will update our plans for April programming as more information comes in. Israel Cafe will take place virutally. Please see our calendar for more information.
*Yom HaShoah on April 20 will be held virutally. More information about the Israel Film Festival on May 3 will be coming soon.
Please continue to monitor this page for updates to Federation's policy in the coming weeks.
Update March 12:
The Jewish Federation of Howard County takes the health and well-being of our community, clients, and colleagues very seriously. As the impact of COVID-19 continues to evolve, we are taking extra precautions to minimize risk. With that in mind, we wish to inform you of the following decisions until further notice:
* Whenever possible, we are limiting the number of in-person meetings or events we hold only to those that are absolutely necessary.
* PJ Library’s Shabbat Tots is cancelled through March. We will resume Shabbat Tots on April 17.
* All sessions of Federation’s Bereavement Support Group are postponed until April 23.
* Israel Café on April 1 will be conducted online. More information about online access will be coming soon.
* With the closure of HCPSS and all Maryland schools, all Israel Think Tank programs for teens will be rescheduled until after schools reopen.
* More information about our other March programs (such as Good Deeds Day, Pop Up Shabbat, etc.) will be forthcoming.
* We will continue to monitor the situation and follow the recommendations of local, state, and federal agencies.
During this time, we continue to pay special attention to the most vulnerable in our community. We are therefore setting up a special Jewish Community Fund to support isolated seniors and others in need who may require medicine, supplies, or other medical assistance. More information about the fund will be coming soon.